Children’s Garden Festival: Where the Wild Things Are
Inspired by Maurice Sendak’s book
The Children’s Garden Festival celebrating Where the Wild Things Are is Friday, June 7 to Sunday, June 16, 2019, 10am-5pm daily.
Journey into the wonderful land of imagination and mischief at the Myriad Garden’s annual Children’s Garden Festival. The Children’s Garden is transformed into a world of Wild Things as we celebrate the 50th year of one of America’s most beloved children’s books.
Cost is $8 per person, includes a free ride on Mo’s Carousel. Ages 2 and under are free. Gardens’ members are free and get to skip the line! Become a member today.
Sponsored by Devon Energy, E.L. and Thelma Gaylord Foundation, Tinker Federal Credit Union, Express Employment International, and Goldfish Swim School.
The Children’s Garden will be closed June 3-6 for setup. The Festival runs June 7-16. The Children’s Garden will reopen June 19 to the public.
“There are no ideas too wild and no dreams too big.”
Children’s Garden Festival: Sensory Night sponsored by Sprouts
- Friday, June 14, 6-7:30 pm
- Children’s Garden
- $10 per member participant, adults FREE
- $12 per non-member per participant, adults FREE
- REGISTER HERE
An event for families with children with special needs, join us inside the Children’s Garden for Where the Wild Things Are Sensory Night. This event provides a more controlled and welcoming environment to experience our Children’s Garden Festival. No loud music and smaller crowds. We will have festive booths, crafts, and activities for everyone to enjoy.
- Story Time, 11-11:30 am
- Join the Wild Rumpus, 1 pm
- A different craft each day
- Face Painting, ranging from $5 to $10
- Create your wild animal mask designed by artist Patrick Riley, $6
- Mommy and Me Monday, June 10, 10 am-5 pm
- Wiggly Wolf Kid’s Yoga, Monday, June 10, 2-3 pm
- Bring mat and dress as your favorite woodland creature or animal
- Tiny Tot Tuesday, June 11, 10 am-5 pm
- Patrick Riley Mask Making Demonstration, Wednesday, June 12, 2-3 pm
- Home School Day, Thursday, June 13, 10 am-5 pm
- Wild Hair with Paul Mitchell Hair Salon, Thursday, June 13 11 am-1 pm
- Wild Dad Day Sunday, June 16, Dad’s get in FREE
EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- Where the Wildlife Are, June 8, 11 am–12 pm
- The Books of Maurice Sendak, June 11, 2 – 3 pm
- Super Silly Monster Fun, June 13, 2 – 3 pm
- Wild Plants, June 14, 1 – 2 pm