301 West Reno
- Sponsored by Dean McGee Eye Institute and Leadership Square Eye Care
- Monday, August 21, 11:30am-2:30pm
- Great Lawn and Bandshell
Where will you be on August 21, 2017 to view the Great Solar Eclipse? A partial solar eclipse will take place on Monday, August 21. In Oklahoma City, the prime time to see the eclipse will be between 11:37am and 2:34pm with the maximum peak view at 1:05pm that day. The Gardens is throwing an OKClipse viewing party on the Great Lawn from 11:30am-2:30pm. Enjoy “space” music, food and educational activities on this rare occurrence for all ages at no charge.
- Seating Area—Take a seat or bring a lawn chair or blanket and check out the eclipse from the Great Lawn.
- Eclipse Glasses Stations: We will be NOT be distributing glasses. Read this announcement from our blog.
- Education Info Table: Speak with our education team on what is actually happening as you are watching it!
- Craft: Kids can create their own eclipse out of paper plates.
- Food for Thought: Make fruit rockets with Whole Foods and our friend Matt Joplin from Food for Thought.
- Pop Up Library: OKC Metro Library will be onsite with space related books and a pop up library.
- Space Food: Selling Moon Pies for $2 and star sprinkled popcorn for $1.
- Planet Bingo: Play planet BINGO with us!
- Imagination Playground presented by Express Employment Professionals: kids can create their own masterpiece with our over-sized building blocks
- Food Trucks: Grab some lunch while you’re out viewing history.
- Pitchfork in the Park (normally closed on Mondays) will be open 11am-2pm