Introduction to Growing Plants for New Gardeners
- Crystal Bridge 2nd Floor Conference Room
- CANCELLED: Tuesday, February 27. Other classes: March 27, April 24, 6-7pm
- Member $5 per class; Nonmember $7 per class
- Dr. Ann Fleener, Director of Education, Myriad Gardens
- Register by Friday prior
- REGISTER HERE FOR MARCH 27, PART 2
- REGISTER HERE FOR APRIL 24, PART 3
This three part series serves as an introduction to the basics of growing ornamental garden plants including trees, shrubs and perennial flowers and grasses. Each class includes handouts on plant lists and maintenance guidelines. Part 1 in February will cover trees and discuss the best trees to grow in OKC and how to plant and maintain them. The other dates are March 27 and April 24, 6-7pm.
Part 2: March 27 will focus on shrubs– including spring and summer flowering deciduous shrubs as well as evergreen varieties. You’ll learn about the ten best shrubs that thrive in our region.
Part 3: April 24 will discuss perennial flowers and grasses, focusing on the best varieties for our tough climate that add color and interest each season. We’ll discuss easy maintenance tips for these great plants.